Topband: Lazy U

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Lazy U
From: elwell@salisbury.net (Henry G. Elwell, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 20:46:01 -0500
Hi Denny,  I'm grateful for your reply, and your interest in
modeling the Lazy U.  My model on EZNEC shows it to have a
gain of 2.77 dbi with an input impedance of 43 - j42000. By
removing the lower 90' of wire and exciting the antenna
there, gave me gain of 2.73 dbi with an input impedance of
1355-j32800; no radicals used.  I'm sure putting in a good
radial system would improve the efficiency of the antenna.

        But, every antenna is a compromise of electrical and
physical parameters.  I'm happy with my compromise, no
radials.  As long as it is effective in DX work enough to
give me multipliers for the DX contests, I'm happy.  I'm
afraid you have exposed me as a more casual 160 meterite
than most of the Top Band guys.  Hi!

Vy 73 Henry N4UH