Topband: 120 meter broadcast stations

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 120 meter broadcast stations
From: r.c.eldridge@ieee.org (Bob Eldridge )
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:21:44 +0000

W7AWA:
>The station in Alice Springs on 2310khz seems to always be on the air

 Stan:

 I routinely checked 2310 and 2325 in the mornings (of summer) for several
 years. It was pretty well always there, whether 1.8 was open to VK or not,
 and I gave up trying to use it as a guide to 1.8 possibilities.
 I checked the pre-sunrise peak of 2310 compared with that of VK 1.8
 stations and found similarity in time but not in shape of the rise and fall.

 Got to enjoy ABC news, though I found the presence or absence of 1819 and
 1817 GPS more useful.
 2310 Tx is very powerful (50 kW) of course, but the antenna is designed to
 fire near vertically.

 Bob VE7BS