Topband: re: Ultralinear amps

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: re: Ultralinear amps
From: rick@area.com (Rick Karlquist)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 22:14:08 -0800
>The Nov 21 1994 issue of DXnews has an article titled "Ultralinear
>2N5109 and=20 2N3053 Amplifiers". Back issues or copies of the article may
>still be available from the NRC. http://www.nrcdxas.org/catalog/
>Articles A87, A88
>These amplifiers known as common base transformer feedback (CBTF) or
>common base noiseless feedback (CBNF)  were first described in May, 1976
>MICROWAVE JOURNAL.

If you look in the Anzac catalog at the AM-123 amplifier, it cites a patent
(long since expired) that protects it.  I have read the patent and it goes
into so much detail it is practically a contruction article.  The amplifier
uses a 2N5109 with input and output transformers providing noiseless feedback.
The AM-123 has excellent distortion and noise characteristics.

Rick Karlquist N6RK