Topband: Rare Report from New Mexico!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rare Report from New Mexico!
From: n5ul@wtaccess.com (Charles W. Shaw)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:18:26 +0000
Hi to All,

        The past two nights had totally different conditions on Topband here in
southeastern NM.  During Friday night the only station from across the pond
heard here was EA8/OH2BYSS for about 1 minute very weakly.  Saturday he was
heard well here during most of the evening and worked just after 0100z.
CT3FN was later worked with little problem about 0330.  Good signals from
both these stations.
        Approaching EU sunrise Sunday, OT1T was heard very weakly for over an
hour off and on calling and seemingly getting little business.  Nearer their
sunrise, good signals from G3N, F6EZV, DK8ZB, and OT1T--all worked from
here, plus a couple of I's not worked--but east coast NA didn't seem to be
hearing them at that time.
        Also, during all our late evening, many NA stations coast to coast were
heard with powerful strengths not heard from them for a few years!
        Hope we see (hear) more in the days before Spring!

73,
Charles - N5UL