Topband: BQ9P info

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BQ9P info
From: ku9c-steve@ku9c.com (Steve Wheatley KU9C)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:34:00 -0500
Some status as of 0130 UTC on March 12....the team is at approximately
22,000 QSO's....I do not have a band breakdown at this time, but we are
working to do the best we can to meet the goals of the dxpedition, namely
put people in the log for a new one, and give band/mode counts to the folks
that have worked earlier operations, especially on the low bands.

The essence of all messages I've received have been passed on to the
operating team, and I am sure they will attempt to make the best use of the
time remaining.  Remember, they will leave the island on March 15.  My
expectation is that they will shut down around 0000 UTC..maybe a bit later,
if the experience of prior operations holds true.

Just a note on expenses.....if you wish to donate to this operation, you can
include with your QSL request to my attention.  All donations, extra stamps,
extra IRCS, etc, for this operation are recorded by me and applied to the
expenses of this operation.  This operation has some relatively high
transportation costs for the equipment to a staging area to be delivered to
Pratas, as well as returning the equipment via commercial, not military
aircraft as in the past.   The Taiwan Telecommunications Dept had helped
with this expense in prior operations, but not for this trip.  They also are
required to cover expenses of some Taiwanese officials that are providing
oversight of the operation.

There is no current on-line log for this operation.  We may post it after
the team returns home...depending on how much effort it takes to put it on-line.

I hope you've found your way into the log....and maybe if not an all time
new one, an new band or mode.

73
Steve KU9C

QSLs go to my address below: