Topband: top band real estate

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: top band real estate
From: wbcapps@mindspring.com (Bill Capps)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 23:02:10 -0700
Hello
        What is the best way to test a new home site to see if it is "top band
friendly"? I want to check to see if there are is any excessive QRN. I have
noticed that many neighbors have gardens with electric wire looking fences
to keep the deer from eating the vegetables. I have wondered if any of
these fences are electrified.
        Also, about 300 yards away is a major underground utility gas line
(propane or natural gas). Can these pipelines cause QRN? All of the
utilities are underground.
        Do i just hook a little mobile rig in my auto and drive around the
neighborhood and listen at night?

thanks and 73

bill capps
af4od