Topband: Tee Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Tee Antenna
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:28:59 -0400
> Hilltop antennas on top band are not really worth the effort if you
> can put a good vertical down in the low land.  With an angle finder
> check the critical angle and don't worry get about anything below 20
> degrees on 160.

Wave angles below 20 degrees are quite important on 160 meters,
despite rumors to the contrary. Even paths over what we may think
are fairly short distances (1000 miles) are quite effective at low
wave angles.

If they weren't, we would not see so many people with verticals.
Everyone would be using dipoles, and signals would be much
weaker.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com