Topband: Europeans and K5K

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Europeans and K5K
From: ni6t@intuitive.com (Garry Shapiro)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:01:08 +0000
The K5K DXpedition made over 1000 QSO's on 160, but did not log any
Europeans. Commentaries by Bob, NM7M have offered possible technical
explanations for this, presuming we were listening for Europe (we were),
and that we had adequate equipment (we did). To be sure, we were QRV in
the autumn, not deep winter, right after the solar peak, trying to work
right through the center of the auroral zone---not the best scenario for
that target area..

I have seen no comments from Europeans, and I am quite curious. Did any
topband operator in Europe hear K5K on 160 last October? Please reply to
me privately.

73,

Garry, NI6T

--