Topband: RF resistance of wire

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RF resistance of wire
From: ve3zi@hotmail.com (Roger Parsons)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 01:22:38 +0000
I have been reading the thread on rf resistance of solid vs stranded wires
at hf. Quite some time ago I did some work on the design of coax cables
(actually leaky feeders). The characteristics of cables are related in quite
a complex manner to many variables. For instance the twist (lay length) of a
stranded conductor (wire that is) would have a significant effect on its rf
resistance as would the number of strands and any sheathing.

I do not believe however that at 160m there would be a noticeable difference
between any two copper wires of the same cross sectional area.

73 Roger
VE3ZI