Topband: Toploading short verticals

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Toploading short verticals
From: otterstad@enter.vg (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:54:02 +0200
In my situation, I cannot even have Two toploaded wires in opposite
directions, but basically only can take the L-antenna approach:
30feet vertical (10m) and a horizontal 30feet (10m ) wire - resonance has to
be done with a base loading, as Tom (W8JI) explained...
I am really hesitating to build up such a poor antenna, as I fear to become
frustrated quickly !

But the garden is only 8m by 12m...
Any possibility on 160m ?! ...... It becomes a mobile ant...hihi

Ulli, PA5AT

Dr Ulli

If you take a look on some of the smaller fishing boats, you fill find the
solution:  Several horisontal wires in parallell makes up the top loading.
It works on small boats so why not in a small garden, which is bigger !  BUT
good ground is important !!!!!
It can never be as good as near full size, but what can you do !
I had one like this in Oslo when 160 first became available.  I worked USA
on it ! ( not every day,though ! hi )

73

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO

located in Telemark - home of skiing.