Topband: shortened & low dipole for 160M--transmit/receiveissues

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: shortened & low dipole for 160M--transmit/receiveissues
From: k8do@msn.com (k8do)
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 15:00:41 +0100
Frank,
For any hope at all of working DX you need a vertical transmit....  A top
loaded <whatever you can stand up> will work better than any dipole, by
magnitudes...  I predict that if you try to do topband dxing with that
dipole you will taking up photography or model airplanes before spring
comes... I sepnt 20 years on a tiny city lot... I have tried everything
known to man, invented a few unknown antennas even, and the cheapy vertical
with the 60 very short radials (all I could manage) was the only thing that
worked...

Denny