Topband: Re: FT-1000mp MK V

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: FT-1000mp MK V
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:56:30 -0400
> little nudging from WX0B and K1ZM, I've done my detective work and
> found that my FT-1000's main receiver apparently has two blown diodes
> in the BPF, thus allowing BCB signal leakage into the front end.  I
> should have tried the Beverage on the subreceiver, since I would have
> then found no BCI with the signal passing through the subreceiver's
> intact BPF.

In my measurements, the FT1000(D) and FT1000MP are virtually
the same. I corrected the original FT1000MP measurements on my
web page because the FT1000MP I tested had a 70MHz IF
amplifier added.

This amplifier reduces close-spaced blocking and IMD dynamic
range by approximately the gain of the amplifier, although it will not
affect performance at spacings wider than a dozen kilohertz or so.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com