Topband: Listening to an electric fence...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Listening to an electric fence...
From: sentek@sprintmail.com (Floyd Sense)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:16:50 -0400
Thanks to all who responded so quickly.  I'm sure the fence owner will be
cooperative in finding the problem(s).  However, in this area, grass and
weeds can grow inches a day in the summertime, so this may be an ongoing
problem.  When it rains heavily, the pulsing stops entirely only to return
the next day.  Hopefully, we'll find a bad insulator or splice by using my
little portable Sangean SW receiver.  If I'm not heard on 160 this fall,
you'll know that the snakes got the best of me.

If I survive this one, the next project is to get the poison ivy vines off
of my 160 wire cage vertical.  Hard to believe they climbed 20 feet of wire
over the summer.

K8AC
Floyd Sense - Angier, NC