Topband: FT 1000MP MK5 on 160?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FT 1000MP MK5 on 160?
From: W9zr@aol.com (W9zr@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:26:30 EDT
I am thinking about replacing my FT 1000D with a FT 1000MP MK5.  If anyone
has performed some bench tests or on the air A/B tests comparing them,
particularly on the low bands, I would appreciate your comments.  The added
rx capabilities of the Mk 5 really look attractive.

I use the APF on the 1000D on 160 a lot and it has proven itself over and
over again.  I noticed that the APF on the MK 5 has 4 preset levels rather
than a variable pot.  This seems to me to be a giant step backwards but in
practice does it perform as well?

Any comments would be appreciated!

73 Randy  W9ZR