Topband: re : CQWW SSB & Our Continuing Bandplan

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: re : CQWW SSB & Our Continuing Bandplan
From: kr4tg@mindspring.com (Mike Del Pozzo)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:48:15 -0400
hello all,
I believe the key to any progress one direction or
the other, is to pay attention to where you plant
yourself. QRL? I cant tell you how many folks I ran
into (not involved in the contest) were very pleased
that someone asked first. No problem, move on. The
Gentlemen's band plan works well on 50 Mhz durring or
not Contests. It very well could work here on Top Band.
Durring events, which are seldom per year, The mode
shifts from SSB across the band to CW, or to RTTY. Point
is, it would work if we respect those not involved in
the contest. Perhapps we could build on amuch better
reputation than a "contester" and become "radiosport
participants". I'd like to see the Contesting spirit go
on for years to come knowing those we are respecting may
one day give us a contact as well...my 2.5 cents
de Mike
KR4TG

BTW, band plan or not I would still love the sport...