Topband: more bandplan

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: more bandplan
From: W7lr@aol.com (W7lr@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:11:10 EDT
I think that the concept of the plan, and the plan itself are fine - some
leverage to make ssb and cw fit on 160m which shouldn't be difficult. So the
first choice would be to make the plan work.   There may be other
alternatives.  First a ssb contest on 160 out west (and maybe in other areas
too) is pretty hopeless - would like to see such contests eliminated.That
would eliminate all the problems between the plan and the ssb contest already
covered in this reflector.  You can classify me as a cw user on 160 but I can
find many hours in the rest of the year outside of a ssb contest to operate
and chase dx. It is not the end of the world to miss those few hours while
the ssb contest commotion occurs.    Or, if there is such a contest then
suspend the plan for that period - you could read a book, watch a baseball
game, operate on some other band, go fishing, or pick apples, and then you
wouldn't have to worry about Riley, the FCC, or your contest buddies.  Go for
the gusto.  73 Bob W7LR in Montana