Topband: unexpected cndx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: unexpected cndx
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:08:10 EST
I listened to DF2PY for almost 1/2 an hour last night.  On my NE Beverage,
for several minutes, he was as good of a copy as a few east coast stations
that worked him- It was a very sustained opening, lacking the typical QSB
fades. Was interesting to see the east coast USA signals way down.    It was
really dissapointing as the night went on as no other EU's were heard.  Was
listening for T2T last night when they were spotted by EU shortly after I
worked Wolf last night, but copied nothing.  One would think I would hear T2
a lot easier than EU as the path from Wyoming is a lot better to PAC than to
EU.  So topband conditions here were mixed last night, and nothing heard at
all this morning from JA or PAC.  80 Meters was in great shape last night to
EU as well but seemed to lack station activity.  Band was wide open to
western EU from here but I'm still not hearing any eastern EU these days- 73
Paul  N0AH  Carpenter, Wyoming