Topband: "Noise zone"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: "Noise zone"
From: W2pm@aol.com (W2pm@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 16:56:17 EST
Reading thru K1ZM's book recently I noticed K2DSV listing as DXCC 44 on 160.
Ive known Don Wilson for years but never knew he was a 160 man. I emailed the
other day and he mentioned something I never heard or read anywhere that a
"noise zone" exists 10 to 15 ft above the ground and if I cant put up a
Beverage a small loop place no higher than 5 ft would be best - but to avoid
the noise zone.. Don (and I) live in a NJ suburban neighborhood so he is
clearly referring to local noise.. Does anyone have the same observation?