Topband: splicing RG6

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: splicing RG6
From: kr1g@hotmail.com (ted demopoulos)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:10:28
Gentleman (and Ladies),

I've decidecd to switch to RG6 (the cheap cable TV stuff - think I got the
number right) for some of my runs to beverages, and before I even got
started found I need a way to splice some already existing RG6 that will be
reburied in the next couple days (OK, this run is actually for the TV, got
cut while the Septic was being replaced - at least all my hardline
survived!).

I tried an ancient crimp on tool and connectors my wife has had for probably
forever but the connectors pulled off with slight pressure. A better way to
put on connectors?? A new crimp tool?? I plan to cover the the two
connectors and female-female adaptor with electrical tape, and then either
liquid electrical tape or something similar.

Thought the experts might have better advice then the local radio Shack :)

This scenario will repeat itself - the critters in the woods, especially
amoung the hemlocks, like to eat cable. Especially this time of year (lost a
control cable yesterday - suspect a red squirrel)

73
Ted KR1G