Topband: Rotary antenna switch

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rotary antenna switch
From: sire@iinet.net.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 19:07:49 +0800
G'day,

During the last few days, my 4-pole rotary coaxial antenna switch died,
after about seven years constant use.

I was never particularly happy with the standard of its construction and
would be very interested to find out if there are topbanders who have a
particular brand of antenna switch which they have found particularly
reliable.

Something that is built like a tank, but is as smooth as silk in operation
is what I have in mind.

Rough price and details of availability would be useful.

As others may be interested, please reply to me direct and I will summarise
on the reflector.  I will also make a summary of the various receive
antenna possibilities that I canvassed a week or two ago, in the next few
days.

Thank you.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ