Topband: matching audio of Spur

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: matching audio of Spur
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 22:28:01 -0500
I see the DX cluster is flooded with stations hearing that spur, from
coast to coast!

If anyone can put a good AM radio in one ear, and keep the other
ear on the spur and slowly tune down through the AM band you
might hear a perfect "match" to the audio on the spur. I've spent
two hours looking here, and I obviously can not hear the
fundamental of that spurious signal 1819 so I can't do anything.

If anyone gets an audio match, or can understand what they are
saying, e-mail the frequency and/or call letters of the station and
we can find out who that is and turn them in.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com