Topband: Foglight propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Foglight propagation
From: zl3ix@inet.net.nz (Greg - ZL3IX)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:56:46 +1300
The propagation buffs call it spotlight propagation, but for the SP I call
it  FOGLIGHT PROPAGATION.

Only 10 (yes ten) Q's  from ZL, and those all with the big guns.  I sat on
W8JI's frequency for 2 hours waiting for the QSB to take him up to a level
where I would be able to read the exchange.  Similar with all the others as
well.

Of the 10 I worked, I doubt whether there was ever a time when more than one
was audible at any one time.

Somehow though, as always on Topband, it was still a thrill when someone did
show up readable in the noise.

73, Greg, ZL3IX