Topband: Beverage feedline grounding

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage feedline grounding
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:38:50 -0500
I've just re-strung a 580ft Beverage which is being fed through an isolating
matching xfmr to 175ft of coax which is grounded at the shack entrance.  I'd
appreciate knowledgable advice/experience on grounding/decoupling the
feedline at the feedpoint.  How much separation between the feedline ground
rod and the Beverage ground?  Is a common mode choke also advisable on the
feedline at the feedpoint?

Tnx for any help & 73,
Barry  N1EU