Topband: Re: dedicated topband transceiver

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: dedicated topband transceiver
From: jbattin@msn.com (jbattin)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:54:24 +0000
The big Hiel headsets are terrible for hissing on the 1000's. I put a
capacitors up in the earpieces and it got rid of it. Now I use the small
cushion Heil headset, and it matches the Yaesu much better. More level, and
much less hiss. The volume runs at the same position as it does for the
speaker rather than cranking it up another 100 degrees as required with the
big ones. Sony also makes some headphones that match well with Yaesu.
John K9dx