Topband: Down Under Diary 8 Feb 2001

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Down Under Diary 8 Feb 2001
From: otterstad@enter.vg (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:28:16 +0100
No sign of S9LA or the 5U operation on 160m.  However, 5U4R was a solid S7
on 3799 SSB working JAs.  My feeling is that with the poor 160m conditions
this season, the band is getting less attention than usual - which
unfortunately makes sense.

Have to agree with you, Steve. Unfortunately !

I have worked 5U1A though, and S92LA with LA6FJA has made efforts on 160.
Signals were not strong. He worked 3 stations before giving up. I was not one
of them !!!
In a later HF qso I was told they have problems on 160 with QRM from a VOA
relay station on the island. Hopefully conds will pick up before they leave.

80 has produced some excellent signals. Just too few stations on.

73

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO
located in Telemark - home of skiing.

My antenna "farm" can be found on HTTP://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he when you
click on  Radio.

Take a look at: http://WWW.visitTelemark.com

or  http://www.visitnorway.com