Topband: Shortend Vertical model questions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Shortend Vertical model questions
From: Tony Reynolds" <kb8jvh@reydata.com (Tony Reynolds)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:22:41 -0500
Hi Jerry,
2 new models I built can be downloaded from:
http://www.reydata.com/160jvhhorzhat.ez
http://www.reydata.com/160jvhslopehat.ez
Both are of a 48 foot tall vertical element resonated with 4- 51.5 foot #14
top hat wires, without any other connecting horizontal wires or coils. It
has 24- 131' #14 radials. The horizontal version shows a 2:1 SWR bandwidth
of 70khz 1.8 to 1.87 and an impedance of approx. 14.7 ohms. The sloped
top-hat version has the wires sloped down to a height of 26 feet, or approx
a 45 degree angle. The 2:1 dropped to 50khz 1.8 to 1.85 and the impedance
also dropped to around 11 ohms.

Bottom line looks to be, if you can do it horizontally, it's worth it for
the increased efficiency and bandwidth.

Now, if I build it will it work........

73,
Tony KB8JVH