Topband: Topband Conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Topband Conditions
From: w7iuv@earthlink.net (Larry Molitor)
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:06:48 +0000
Gold stars will be awarded to DF2PY and G3SED for blasting through my Urban
Noise Blight last night and providing me with the only European QSO's this
season. They were both 559. Given that I have measured the noise level at
this QTH at more than 30 dB higher than at a quiet QTH, I think that's
notable. GW3KGV was heard at 449, but no QSO was made.

Looking back through my topband logs, I note that no EU QSO's have been
made this late in my season since 1985. Given conditions I have experienced
this year and my high noise level, I am surprised to have made these QSO's.
If 160 has a motto, it would be "Never Give Up!"

73,

Larry - W7IUV