Topband: Conditions on 160m last night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Conditions on 160m last night
From: wa4tt@nlamerica.com (John Vickers)
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:11:40 -0500
Milt N5IA wrote:
>The
>sacred pasture was a wasteland of a few red neck and uninformed stations
who
>"bothered" FOUR, yes FOUR, CW signals during 16 hours of ONE NIGHT.  I made
>it a point to continually scan the lower 43 during the entire night's
>contest in order to be informed "real time" regarding my comments to K1ZM
>earlier this year.  Four CW signals all night long with one of them being a
>"CQ DX" station who called endlessly with no response.

Hi Milt---- I think one reason you didn't hear many CW sigs last night and
probably tonight is because a lot of us stayed off the band so as to not QRM
the SSB  DX ops xmiting down there in the contest. There was a lot of
activity from  dx in the contest and you can think the gentlemans band cw
ops for not QRMing them so the contesters with propagation and sufficient
stations could attempt to work them.

Maybe your condx will improve tonight and you'll get an EU opening --- but
don't forget to thank the CW guys for not operating this weekend so you have
a better chance of hearing them.
73 es Gud luck in the contest------ John WA4TT