Topband: 160m band plan

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m band plan
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (n4uk@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:46:27 +0000
           Has anyone considered the fact that DX will most likely pick a
receive frequency that will most likely be occupied by the numerous
ragchewers that live above 1843? These are the guys with low dipoles and
other poor antennas. They will not be heard by the DX station who will think
that the receive frequency is clear and when the U.S. DXers with good
antennas find out where they need to transmit they will transmit right on
top of the locals and create a mess similar to what happens on 75m almost
nightly. Your ideal solution just creates other headaches. I enjoy 160m and
weak signal work as much as the next guy but I am not overjoyed with the
prospect of creating a nuisance for many others in order to solve the
problems of a few. Too bad I can't go back and change my submission to the
FCC on the the bandplan proposal now that I realize what the true motives of
it were.
 73, Ken N4UK