Topband: Rx Antenna Reality Check? :o)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rx Antenna Reality Check? :o)
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 06:41:16 -0500
Congrats on a new one Dave, even if it cost you a bit of embarrassment.
Actually, I think you're lucky that the PW0T ops were willing to log you one
more time, instead of ignoring your call.

FWIW, I would encourage folks to NOT call the dx, if they aren't confident
that they can copy the reply.  Isn't waiting for the Q5 bump part of
good/sensible/responsible operating?  Seems like this is a rather growing
problem in Topband dxpedition pileups, exacerbated by the use of dx packet.
Often many, many stations are calling, few are hearing.  Sure can slow
things down considerably, and crowd out those who actually are hearing all
the action.

73,
Barry N1EU