Topband: 180 degree phase toroid

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 180 degree phase toroid
From: ve3fu@rac.ca (Chris Allingham)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:54:02 -0800
Hi,

I apologize for posting something not directly related to Topband, but this
is where I figured I would get the best response.  If you know somewhere
else I could / should ask, please let me know and I'll look there instead.

I'm building a 40m 4-square using a Collins hybrid coupler, following the
description in the latest ON4UN book.  Instead of using a half-wavelength
coax to achieve the 180 degree phase shift, I'd like to use a toroid, as
shown in figure 11-89 on page 11-76, and in the description on page 11-15
(third paragraph, left hand column).  Unfortunately, I can't find any
mention of the toroid core used, number of turns, required inductance, or
impedance.  Can anyone recommend a core, inductance, or impedance?

73,

Chris VE3FU