Topband: GR-1606-B

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: GR-1606-B
From: wlakatos@nrao.edu (Bill Lakatosh)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 08:17:16 -0500
     Hello Top Banders,

               This is my first post , so please bear with me. I'm a
late comer to 160 meters but sure think I'm going to have lots of fun on
this band. Sure wish I would have been on last night !

                 I'm trying to make sense of the inverted L I just put
up. The vertical portion is 62ft and horizontal is 118 feet. When I had
the horizontal wire slanting down to the back yard fence, about 6 ft. I
measured R=53  X= +367 with my MFJ 259B, after raising the flat top to
60ft I new measure the impedance at R=0  X=21 !  I think there is
something wrong.

                 Since the results don't make any sense, I assume it the
instrument I'm using. I found a GR-1606-B , they call it a Radio
Frequency Bridge. Could anyone tell me if this would be a better
instrument with which to measure the feed impedance.

                  Thanks in advance !

            73,  Bill   W4TJ