Topband: Power Coupling for K1B

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Power Coupling for K1B
From: gmguerin@voyager.net (George & Marijke Guerin)
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 21:56:31 +0100
Dear Bob and Topbanders:
    If you want to do further modelling, I can tell you the K1B crew has a
Battle Creek Special antenna for 40-80-160.  Antenna is ~50 foot tall with a
40 meter trap at 33 foot level.  There is an 80 meter trap on top then a
The 80 meter resonance is also top loading with about 20 feet of wire on the
top front guy wire connected at the bottom of the 80 meter trap, sloping
down at about 53deg. from horizontal.  The tubing starts at 2" OD and steps
down to 1.125" OD  for the top section.  Probably they have out 30 radials
each about 66 feet long on top of the soils.
    Good luck to all those needing KH1.  I was fortunate to work AH1A a few
years back.  (thanks to K9AJ)
    73        George        K8GG