Topband: power coupling from C5

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: power coupling from C5
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 22:43:02 -0400
> Along these lines, W4ZV made a good point about all the other factors.
> In addition to all the normal variables in propagation on our higher
> frequencies, 160m also has the Earth's magnetic field and
> weather-related effects tied to its propagation characteristics. I
> think it can be very difficult to separate out all these variables to
> say that X is what caused Y.

That's especially true when we have no idea what the pattern of our
antennas are!

I'm curious, any idea what the potential error is in estimates of dB
coupling? How was the estimate verified Carl, or is there a way to
test it?

Can we test it on a short north/south path?73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com