Topband: Inverted V Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inverted V Antennas
From: w7dd@msn.com (w7dd)
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:54:46 -0700
Hello everyone,

I made a few comments about inverted V antennas.  I joined into the
conversation because the subject of polarization of an Inverted V came up
during the power coupling issue.  I have had several e-mails asking if I
liked Inverted V antennas.  The answer is that as a transmit antenna "I
think" the "V" I described would be mediocre at best and as a receive
antenna, it could make even the best receiver sound bad.

A question came up about the ground specifications I gave for Tucson, Az.
The answer is YES, they were correct.  They were acquired from the U of A
here in Tucson.  Tucson is ringed by copper mines.  There is a large amount
of alluvial copper deposits in the soil here.  The worlds largest open pit
copper mine is just south of me.

Don