Topband: A92ZE on 160M

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A92ZE on 160M
From: daveN4SU@worldnet.att.net (Dave Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:11:01 -0400
As "S" sorter for the ARRL K4,N4,W4 QSL Bureau, I see
and mail all bureau QSL cards going to Gus, A92ZE, via
K4SXT (his home call). Here is an excerpt from a recent
E-Mail from Gus that may be of interest to those
needing A9 on top band.
Operating notes:  This season, 160 has been the worst
I have ever experienced.  It is hard to describe what
it is like to get up before sunrise (right now it is
0445 local), call CQ for half an hour without so much
as a peep and then look at reflector postings an hour
later that show USA openings into Europe or Africa.  I
did work VE1ZZ numerous times over the past 4 months
and occasionally Tom, W8JI, sometimes with S9+10
signals on my meter but rarely did anyone else call
when we finished.  One bright spot was a QSO with Rex,
ZL3REX who I have been chasing for 2 years. I never
could hear K1K on top band.  I guess for the entire
season I worked 10 or 15 USA stations.
I do make skeds for those who want to try top band and
on other bands (80 & 40 - almost always successful).
E-mail address is K4SXT@rocketmail.com.

  I am on 1824 khz most weekend mornings at 0130z (my
weekend is Friday and Saturday.  BTW, the Navy has
asked me to stay here for another year, so A92ZE will
be available on 160 until December 2002.   Dave, If
you would post this to the top band site I would
appreciate it.

73,
Gus