Topband: QRP DX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: QRP DX
From: r.negro@lombardiacom.it (Riccardo Negro)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:22:35 +0200
Hi all,

after many years of HF 100W activity I have become a 100% QRP operator =
(FT 817) with good results (QRP-WAS, 150 QRP-DXCC in less than 2 years =
and with just a rotary delta loop + dipole). And when I rarely switch =
back to the other rig (IC765) for A/B comparisons I don't get any =
satisfaction from 100W QSOs.

I have no experience on the topband but I have now decided to enter this =
magic world.

But there is a question I wish to answer before I commit to it.

What kind of Dx experience can I expect at QRP level (5W - CW&SSB) and a =
"reasonable" antenna (say a T or 1/4 vertical) ?=20

I am afraid this band gets "magic" for QRO operators only !=20

I would appreciate very much if QRP operators would share their =
experience about typical DX activity on 160 at QRP level (DXCC, WAC, =
Europe-US contacts, contest placement, etc.).

Any web link devoted to 160m QRP ?

Thank you very much in advance !

Best 73 & DX,=20

Rik, IK2CAW