Fw: Topband: DXpedition to 4U1UN

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: Topband: DXpedition to 4U1UN
From: n7us@arrl.net (Jim McDonald)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 09:23:11 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerry Smith" <w6ter@att.net>
To: "'Jim McDonald'" <n7us@arrl.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 8:50 AM
Subject: RE: Topband: DXpedition to 4U1UN

Jim,

It has been three years, but I don't think things at the UN have
improved. Due to Sept. 11, probably worse.

A Tunisian gathered control of the radio club and station. He is not an
experienced op. He does not like outsiders to visit and operate. Only
UN'ers.

It is possible, should one gain access, to put up a dipole for topband
on the roof. I have measured the roof.

I would suggest it would be next to impossible to be invited to operate.

Jim, perhaps you can forward this to the topband reflector.

Gerry Smith, W6TER