Topband: What's the minimum distance one shud have between vertical andb

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: What's the minimum distance one shud have between vertical andbeverage?
From: Fritz@k4oaq.com (Fritz Reuning, K4OAQ)
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 19:21:47 -0400
Hi guys,

I'm wanting to move my 160 inverted L a little bit closer to where my
beverages are located.  I have first hand experience that 30 ft is too
close. Currently I have a quarter wavelength plus abt 30 additional feet
between them.  Do the radials enter into the equation.  I.e., should you
maintain a certain distance between the radials and the beverages.  Can the
minimum distances be given in wavelengths and apply to any band (160 thu
40), or are these distances a function of freq?

Tks in advance!

73, Fritz K4OAQ

Fritz@k4oaq.com