Topband: Coupling between bev and other antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Coupling between bev and other antennas
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:44:43 -0400
> >It also caused the IC-775DSP final power transistors to blow!
>
> Seems like something else was going on to blow the output transistors>

The 775DSP has control system timing problems that generate thumps
and bumps when on CW split, as well as severe leading-edge power
overshoot in the PA.

None of that is good on the PA transistors, or other people trying to
receive weak signals nearby. I would suspect the power overshoot as
causing the problem before the RX antenna.73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com