Topband: CQ 160 2003 Rules Changes - Limit Mulit-ops to 30 or 36 hours

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CQ 160 2003 Rules Changes - Limit Mulit-ops to 30 or 36 hours
From: oh6xx@sral.fi (Juha Rantanen)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 11:30:49 +0300
Hello all,

I have been operating the CQ 160m contest from various places in OH6 for the
past few years. It has become one of the highlights of the contesting season
for me. Everytime I have a part in a multi-op team which also means the some
daylight operating. But in the end of January on the 62nd latitude there
aren't too many daylight hours so we have had the keyer sending CQ TEST all
the time. The result of this few hours of daylight operating has been under
10 Q's per contest. Nevertheless we have ran all the time as there aren't
too many QSO's in our log ever. Because of the latitude the 36 hour
restriction woud restrict our greyline/night time operating time for about 4
hours in the 48 hour time period. But what ever the contest committee
decides it will be fine with me and I will operate the contest anyway.

About the fair rules for anyone: I'm happy about the rules that are now and
I don't think there are such thing as fair rules. Think about being inside
auroral zone and trying to run competitive 160m contest result. That happens
here every year and we just have to get along with it. If someone figures
out how to compensate the mother nature in contest rules I will buy him/her
a beer or two when I get a chance to meet the person.

de Juha OH6XX