Topband: FT-1000D External Receive

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FT-1000D External Receive
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 02:52:01 -0500
At 04:03 PM 11/15/02 -0500, Jeff Maass wrote:
>Mike:
>
>Better safe than sorry! I have a Front End Saver in-line with
>the Shorty Beverages here, and it's transparent in operation.

These are neat units, and seem to work very well.  A somewhat trickier case
is the one in an SO2R station, where you might be listening on the Beverage
while transmitting on the other radio.  I asked this question on the
towertalk reflector a bit over a year ago and got a variety of good
"Protecting RX in SO2R" in the list search field.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower