Topband: Ten-Tec ORION

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ten-Tec ORION
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 20:53:30 -0500
W4PA is the Ten-Tec product marketing manager.  Here's his comments from
3830 on ARRL160:

"The Orion is one fabulous radio. I spent a lot of time just
listening to the contest and tweaking knobs. While I've been using
it since September, this was the first CW contest that I'd had a
chance with it. Much of the test time I've had with it has been
during the daytime on weekdays with only the occasional weekend. The
filtering for separating the weak from the loud is just incredible.
On Sunday night at 0530Z I was listening to W4MYA at S9+25 to +30 dB
calling CQ on 1.829.78 and K1KD at about S1 at 1.829.48. With a 200
Hz filter, listening to K1KD, you wouldn't have known anything else
was even on the band. The separation is amazing. The noise
reduction is amazing. Programmable AGC...the sound of the
receiver...anyway, yeah, (disclaimer: I work for Ten-Tec) it is great
to see how much went into this rig finally come to its complete
potential and really bummed out now that I didn't take it to Curacao
with me for CQ WW CW!"

73,
Barry N1EU