Topband: DX Window-N4ZR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DX Window-N4ZR
From: kt1v@demop.com (Ted Demopoulos)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:27:00 -0500

>One of the problems with those North American stations CQing in the
>window is that people respond to their CQs.  If they received no
>
>Dave K8MN

I was guilty. While burping a baby, and S&Ping, and found a clear freq
and called CQ. An ENORMOUS pileup started up - at least enormous for me.
Lots of European, several layers deep, and many US stations. Yeah, I was
in the window.

I hate to say it, but it WAS damn effective, at least short term. Within
a couple of minutes someone sent "DX Window" politely, I sent "R" and
sheepishly ran away. Had I been seriously doing the contest it never
would have happened, but I was casually playing around (and yes, was
truly burping a baby) and it happened.

Personally, I don't answer non-DX CQs in the window.

The perhaps best solution I see is that "excessive" Windows CQers - the
ones where its clear there is no mistake, have their logs "promoted" to
Checklogs,

73
Ted KT1V