Topband: STRIPPING ENAMEL WIRE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: STRIPPING ENAMEL WIRE
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:32:29 -0500
I use medium or fine grit sandpaper when it is not a heat-stripping
type of enamel. The smaller the wire the finer the grit. Fold and
hold the paper between your thumb and a finger, and pull the wire out
from being in the the paper's  grip. Even if it is a heat stripping
type, a quick swipe with sandpaper speeds the whole process up
considerably.

In manufacturing we just used a hot solder pot and wire designed to
heat-strip. One quick dip and the enamel was gone and wire all
tinned. It was a good process even when working on fine wire in meter
movements. 73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com