Topband: Re: Topband digest, Vol 1 #505 - 7 msgs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Topband digest, Vol 1 #505 - 7 msgs
From: phil.catterall@ntlworld.com (Phil Catterall)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:16:31 -0000
Message: 7
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 10:09:47 -0500
To: topband@contesting.com
From: 2 <2@vc.net> (by way of Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Subject: Re: Topband: Rx antennas

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> snip
A third solution is to listen to distant a remote
receiver.  This not only allows one to monitor one's own signal but it
frequently improves received signal to noise ratio.  Many remote
receivers are presently available on the Internet.

I hope Topbanders are not resorting to this remoting technique. What is the
point in using your TX to call someone in the far east then tuning in to
another RXer via the internet that in Japan?  As we say in England - it's
simply not cricket old chap!

The ARRL should keep their eyes on this one if the integrity of the DXCC
programme is to be maintained.

73

Phil Catterall
G4OBK