Topband: Dipole Question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Dipole Question
From: ki7wo@juno.com (Alan KI7WO)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:18:38 -0600
Thanks for the replys.

All ten said NO directivity until at least a half wave length high.
Since the main lobe is straight up it may not work well at all as a
transmit antenna which brings up the other half of the question.

With my top loaded shortened vertical I have an S9 noise level.  There
are no overhead power lines in the area.  Would I expect the horizontal
dipole to be a quieter receive antenna or should I be looking more
towards the K9AY loop?  I have heard that beverages at the "best" but do
not have land to have that option here.

Alan  KI7WO@JUNO.COM