Topband: Top Band DX Tales.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Top Band DX Tales.
From: dxtelnet@lycos.it (Fab Sarti)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:23:23 -0500
Dear OM,
this is IK4VYX, Fab.

I've recently started a new thread on www.qrz.com
entitled: Your Best 160m DX

Body of message follows below.
It would be a great honor for us to read one (or more)
of your DX Tales, posted there.
My warmest congratulations for your great activity.

Here follows the text of my message on qrz.com

Thanks in advance.
-------------------------------------
Hi Everybody.

There was a discussion on the italian ham NG (it.hobby.radioamatori) some time
ago.
Some said that 160 is short wave and I was one of those ignorants :-)
Some said that 160m is not suitable for antipodic DX: one said that the simple
DXCC on that band would be almost impossible to achieve.
You know, the hams who post on NGs (me included) often spend too much time on
computers and don't even have a clue of what really happens on some bands, if
they haven't got the radios or the antennas or the skills to operate on those
bands.

I had a glance at the 160 topband and noticed that there are a few hams
that are
not far from the honor roll on that band (scoring around 300)!
Some already achieved the WAZ honor roll!

I would like to clear my ignorance and invite the DX gurus of 40/80/160m
(especially 160) I mean those who *really* work those bands, to sit at
their desk
for a while and write here about their best DX tale, on one of those "hard
bands".
Richness of details is welcome, to increase the pathos :-)
I would then translate the best DX tales taken from here into italian (with
all the
limits of non professional translations) and post them into our italian NG,
together
with the original english versions.

If you don't wish to appear here with your call, you can email me your DX
tale and
I'll post it here for you, as a followup to this message, replacing your
callsign with
a dummy one.
(email:dxtelnet@lycos.it)

I think that the best way to fight ignorance is showing true life examples ;-)
Also, if you know any place where nice DX tales have been posted, please
let me
know.

Not all the hams are so lucky to work DX on such hard bands...
Please let us taste some real DX drugs even if just for a while ;-)

Best wishes for a HNY 2003

Fab (IK4VYX)

Ma quante ne sai? Mettiti alla prova con QuizShow!!
http://win.lycos.it/bounce/bounce.php?lycosmail|http://quizshow.lycos.it