Topband: Detuning towers

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Detuning towers
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:12:34 -0500
At 10:44 AM 1/20/03 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:
>After another long conversation about this last night, I thought I'd add a
>quick page on the topic of detuning towers.
>
>http://www.w8ji.com/detuning_towers.htm

Is there a rule of thumb on how far away from a tower a receiving antenna
needs to be, to avoid the need to detune it?  I am contemplating a small
160m ving antenna that will be close to 300 feet from my 100' tower with
stacked tribanders and a 40m yagi.  The receiving antenna will not be
looking straight at the tower, but it will probably be within the 3-dB
bandwidth.  Probably the answer is build it and see, but I thought I'd at
least ask.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database has just been updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm