Topband: Fw: Pre sunset high angle peak

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fw: Pre sunset high angle peak
From: w8uvz at voyager.net (George Taft)
Date: Thu Jan 23 19:02:36 2003
------------- Forwarded message follows -------------

--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com

Hello from Curacao

Working on rx antennas for contest.

One of our rx antennas is a simple pennant directed toward SA.  Tonite
one hour before sundown we are beginning to listen on the band.

We hear D44TT one hour before sunset on our inv L but also on our
pennant toward SA.  Also we begin to hear W1AW code practice too.  W1AW
is solid copy on the SA pennant.  Actually louder than on our tx
antenna, the big inv L.  We can't hear W1AW on our NA beverage.

We checked our EZNEC model and find that pennants have that big lobe in
all high angle directions which we believe is the reason for the rx.

A good example of pre-sunset high angle rx that you all are discussing?

73  George  PJ2/W8UVZ

--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com